Well, I actually was brave enough to let a doctor cut my corneas with a laser. Yes, many of you may think I am crazy, but I have had it with contacts and lousy vision. Friday I had LASIK done on both eyes. My Doctor has been doing it every Friday for about 16 years. I went to the Doctor Saturday for a post-op check and I now have 20/20 vision without contacts - woohoo! Now I can play in the pool with my boys, enjoy being at the beach, and work in dusty conditions on mission trips and not be miserable or blind.
I really only had one problem with the whole procedure. The bright lights and the noisy laser left me with a collosal migrane. By the time I got home I was not in very good shape. I tried two does of Imitrix (RX drug for migranes) and that did nothing. I ended up taking a couple RX pain killers (hydrocdone) and that finally took the edge off. It took a good 24 hrs+ for all the pain to go away, but I am feeling good today! Forrest's helpful observation: perhaps you should have taken the valium they offered you afterall. Guess that is what I get for trying to be so tough!
Sunday, November 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment